Amazon to Host Second Annual Digital Day Sale
If Amazon had a special event every day throughout the year, I’m convinced that people would “attend” and spend every cent of every paycheck with the ecommerce giant. Thankfully, there aren’t too many special Amazon events throughout the year, but the company did announce on Monday that it plans to bring back its Digital Day event after a successful year-one in 2016.
Digital Day this year will take place on Friday, December 29, and will consist of “the biggest savings of the year on digital content across Amazon,” the company said in a statement. Customers will have access to more than 5,000 deals across eight categories that include movies, TV shows, mobile games, apps, eBooks, and more.
The amazon.com/digitalday site is already active, where users can signups for alerts on when deals will go live.
According to Amazon, last year’s Digital Day saw customers order “hundreds of thousands of items” with record-breaking sales across digital apps, games, and comics.
"Amazon Digital Day is an amazing time to shop for deals on digital content," said Aaron Rubenson, VP, Amazon Appstore. "The customer response was incredibly positive last year, and we're excited to help customers find great discounts again this year--whether they just received a new Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, or Fire Kids Edition Tablet over the holidays or are looking to add new content to their current device."
In its statement, Amazon offered a sneak peek at some of the Digital Day deals:
- $10 Amazon.com credit when you subscribe to HBO NOW on Amazon
- Save up to 80 percent off in-game items for Playrix games
- Save up to 75 percent off ROBLOX New Year's Eve themed wearables
- Save up to 75 percent off on Kindle best-selling books, including titles such as The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye, The Silent Corner, and Modern Romance
- Save up to 80 percent off best-selling Marvel graphic novels like Civil War II, House of M, World War Hulk, and Star Wars
- Three free audiobooks when you sign up for an Audible trial
- 25 percent or more off PC software like Rosetta Stone and Adobe Creative Cloud Photography
As a preview of the sale, some deals will be available starting as early as December 26, with the biggest savings launching at 12:00 am ET time on December 29.