The Dealerscope 2018 IMPACT Awards program relies heavily on the consumer electronics industry—from manufacturers, to retailers, to distributors, and more—as well as the consumers themselves, to nominate and vote on the products that are worthy of recognition. And while its the opinions of the industry, and the consumer, that matter the most, we here at Dealerscope still would like to take the opportunity to share our own takes on certain products.
That’s why this year we’ve added the Editor’s Pick to the 2018 IMPACT Awards program.
Each editor at Dealerscope was given the opportunity to take one product, whether it was voted as a winner or not, to honor with an IMPACT Award. Be sure to check out the full list of winners here, but without further ado, we’re thrilled to present the 2018 IMPACT Awards Editors’ Picks.
Bonaverde Berlin Coffee Machine
As much as I love coffee, the real reason I’m a fan of what Bonaverde is doing is the story behind their Berlin coffee machine. The German company set out to produce a machine and product line that plays a significant role in the direct trade coffee movement—putting coffee drinkers in direct contact with the farmers who grow and sell coffee beans. Beyond the impactful mission, the machine has been getting rave reviews for the quality of the coffee and how consumers can customize roasts using their innovative "Coffee Concierge" IoT technology. It also helps that we saw the Berlin at IFA and were able to taste the delicious coffee firsthand.
—Rob Stott, Editorial Director
LG Electronics SINGATURE OLED TV W7
Just when you thought the boundaries of television picture quality could no longer be breached, along came another big “wow” – and it’s a wow based on OLED. Although other suppliers are now jumping into the pool, LG has been until recently the lone OLED standard-bearer in the CE industry. This “wallpaper TV” was a crowning achievement – the culmination of LG’s many seasons of faith in OLED’s ability to impress the buying public¬ about the technology’s benefits. The W7 has won many accolades, and we’re pleased to add one more nod of approval to the collection.
—Nancy Klosek, Editor-in-Chief
Paradigm Electronics, Inc. Persona 9H Speaker
Sometimes, music can feel like magic. Hearing a familiar song can send chills up your spine, change your entire mood, or even take you to the same place you first heard it. Of course, music is only as good as the tools used to play it. Enter the Paradigm Persona 9H. Acoustically, the Persona 9H can out-muscle heavyweights twice its price. The 1-inch tweeter, 7-inch mid/bass driver, and four 8.5-inch woofers are calibrated with Anthem Room Correction, powered by separate DSP-controlled 700W amps, and wrapped in a housing that oozes audiophile distinction.
—Patrick McCarthy, Sr. Content Editor
Dealerscope would like to very quickly like to thank all of the participants in the 2018 IMPACT Awards program. Though certain products may have been hand picked by our editors or voted on by the Dealerscope audience, we consider every single one of this year’s entrants to be a winner. It’s not easy to take a concept for a product, go through all of the steps to develop it and bring it to market, and eventually to retail. So, as a nod to the other entrants in this year’s program, here’s a run down of our honorable mentions for the 2018 IMPACT Awards program.
- BenQ America Corp EW277HDR 27 inch Full HD HDR Monitor
- CogniToys by Elemental Path STEMosaur
- Como Audio Musica
- Da-Lite Contour Electrol featuring Parallax
- Epson America Epson Home Cinema 4000 3LCD Projector with 4K Enhancement and HDR
- HyperX Cloud Alpha
- Jamo Studio S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos elevation speaker
- JLab Audio Epic Executive Wireless Active Noise Canceling Earbud
- JLab Audio Epic Sport Wireless Earbuds
- LG Electronics, Inc. 34" Class 21:9 UltraWide Full HD IPS Curved LED Gaming Monitor with G-SYNC (34UC89G)
- LG Electronics, Inc. 5.1.2 ch High Resolution Audio Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos (SJ9)
- Night Owl 5MP Extreme HD Smart Detection Security System (C-882-PIR5MPN)
- Nikon D850
- Olibra Bond
- Olive & Dove DoorCam
- Periodic Audio Be In-Ear Monitor Headphone
- Pioneer Elite F4 Smart Speaker
- Play Impossible Gameball
- Polaroid Pop
- Reliefband 2.0
- ReSound LiNX 3D
- RTI CX10 10 Inch Countertop/Under-Cabinet Touchpanel
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. 65" Q9F QLED 4K TV
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. HW-MS750 Sound+ Premium Soundbar
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. The Frame 55" TV
- SANUS VLF628 Full Motion TV Mount
- Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art Lens
- Sleep Number i7 Sleep Number 360 smart bed
- Solis SO-6000
- Sony Electronics VPL-VZ1000ES Ultra-Short Throw 4K HDR Home Theater Projector
- Sony Electronics HT-ST5000 7.1.2ch 800W Dolby Atmos Sound Bar
- Sony Electronics VPL-VW285ES 4K HDR Home Theater Projector
- Sony Electronics WF-1000X/B True Wireless Earbuds Noise Cancellation
- Speck Presidio ULTRA
- TAMRON 18-400mm Di II VC HLD
- URC TDC-7100
- ViewSonic EP5520T Digital Kiosk
- Viking Range, LLC Professional 7 Series
- Viper DS4756V
- Xtreme Cables 6ft Premium HDMI Cable
- Xtreme Cables Wireless HD Video Kit
- Xtreme Cables Xtreme AR Blaster