DISH Energizes Hopper Platform
Hopper now records eight shows simultaneously, delivers whole-home experienceJanuary 6, 2014 By Dealerscope Staff
Here's a rundown of the products and services DISH will roll out at its CES press conference today:
- The SuperJoey records eight shows at once to help eliminate channel conflicts.
- The Wireless Joey uses 802.11ac Wi-Fi to deliver TV anywhere in the home.
- Virtual Joey for Sony PS3 and PS4 and LG Smart TV brings the Hopper experience, including DVR control and channel guides, to game consoles and smart TVs.
- The new DISH Anywhere App for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire now integrates Hopper Transfers TV anywhere solution for viewing live, recorded and video-on-demand content
- DISH Explorer App with Voice Search Control allows natural language searches
- Improved User Interface
SuperJoey is powered by a 1305MHz, 3000 DMIPS Broadcom BCM7346 processor. It features two satellite tuners, remote finder functionality and supports MoCA and Ethernet connectivity.
Wireless Joey is powered by a 900MHz 2000 DMIPS BCM7418 processor. The wireless performance for the Wireless Joey and the Wireless Joey Access Point is driven by the Broadcom BCM4360 802.11ac chip operating at the 5Ghz band. The system features 3x3 MIMO with beam forming internal antennas and auto frequency selection.
Availability of SuperJoey, the Virtual Joey apps and the DISH Anywhere for Kindle Fire will be announced in the first quarter of 2014. DISH expects to release the Wireless Joey this spring.