iHome is gearing up for the holidays with an array of offerings in categories that extend well beyond its signature clock radios. Here are some of the product that were showcased in a New York City-held media event last week:
- The iAVS16 voice-activated Bluetooth USB charging alarm clock music system ($149.99) that provides Amazon Alexa Voice Control (AVS) functionality, along with a newly realized, crisper EBT time display. The company said it would adopt this design on its higher-end clock radios, going forward. The model also can charge mobile devices through a 2.1 Amp USB port.
- The iAVS1 bedside stereo system, designed to enable smart home control using the Amazon Echo Dot.
- The iBN350 NFC-endowed Bluetooth dual-alarm clock radio, which is equipped with Qi wireless charging capability and so is compatible with the latest iPhone generation.
- The Intelligent Home Solutions line of battery-powered sensors ($29.99 each), which allow various types of home monitoring with no hub required. The range includes the iSB04 Wi-Fi door/window sensor, the iSB01 Wi-Fi motion sensor, and the iSB02 dual leak sensor (which can detect water touching its bottom and also touching the end of an six-foot sensor probe). All of these devices work in tandem with iHome’s Smart Plugs to set a motion trigger to turn on connected devices.
- The iSP100 hub-free Apple HomeKit Wi-Fi Smart Plug ($39.99), suitable for remote control of outdoor holiday lighting scenarios.
- The iZABT50 Zenergy Aroma Bluetooth speaker with lighting. The device offers six sound modes, seven color modes, and has a built-in aromatherapy fan that disburses scents from oils that the owner can apply to each of three removable aroma pads (no water or heat is required, says iHome).
- The iBT175 Bluetooth rechargeable speaker with color-changing LED party lights, which also has a faceted disco light dome that projects 360-degree lighting effects onto ceilings. It has a five-hour battery life before requiring recharging, says iHome.
In iHome’s Weather Tough lineup, there were also additions, including the iBT371, 372 and 374 speakers, and the iB88 IP65-rated splashproof headphones.