Lessons to Learn From The Year of the Snake
In celebration of the Year of The Snake, Peter Weedfald, president of Gen One Ventures and Dealerscope columnist, sends these wishes to all of his team members, colleagues and friends for a very happy, healthy and successful 2013.
Inthinking about global business opportunities during the Year of the Snake, I believe this will be a positive year based upon:
• Reinventing. Snakes shed their skin, and so have many of the businesses we’re involved with. 2013 will be a very favorable year for our greater recreation and for starting again with even greater team energy and passion.
• Making and saving money. As we know, the attribute most often associated with the snake is cunning. That means not only knowing how to create the strategies that makemoney but also how to be smart and squirrel it away for future investments.
• Planning strategically. The snake is considered introspective and intelligent. This is a particularly good year to look at global plans for accelerating and building sustainable business, especially in North America.
• Striking fast. Snakes move at lightning speed to catch their prey. As good opportunities arise, we should move quickly to gain opportunity as one team.
• Being patient. Snakes sleep quietly in the warm sun, limiting their expenditure of resources until just the right opportunity or prey comes along. We must be ready to pounce on opportunity. We must also be patient.
Congratulations and heartfelt wishes to all for a very happy, successful and healthy 2013!