2019 UX Design Awards Winners Announced
After nominating an initial 51 projects from over 20 different countries to participate in the 2019 UX Design Awards competition, the panel of esteemed judges has announced this year’s winners. The judges reached their final list of 10 winners—one Gold Award, six Product Awards, and three Concept Awards—after two full days of thorough testing and intensive deliberations.
“The UX Design Awards honor innovative solutions that add value to applications, technologies and services through positive experiences, and this year’s laureates are excellent examples for this,” Ake Rudolf, Project Director of the Awards, said in a statement. “Intuitive solutions such as these strengthen people’s abilities, enable novel applications and facilitate access to new fields of knowledge.”
The Gold Award was bestowed upon Intuity Media Lab for their minimic intelligent microscope. With integrated AI, the product is able to learn from human experts and analyze samples independently. From there, it can diagnose infectious diseases that potentially threaten the lives of millions of people around the world. Beyond the actual implementation of the technology itself, the panel of judges called out the fact that the algorithm used in minimic is open sourced and can be used for further development by the professional community as a “positive example for how technology and creativity can be integrated in positive ways.”
The Product 2019 category highlights market-ready solutions and services. The judges chose the following six products as honorees:
- Bimodal hearing care from cochlea implant system Cochlear Nucleus 7 and hearing aid ReSound LiNX Quattro – by Smart Hearing Alliance
- Cookidoo – by intive and User Interface Design for Vorwerk International
- DigitalDiagnost C90 Tubehead – by Philips
- SquareOne – by Wizama
- Tugboat Alarm, Monitoring and Control System – by VanBerlo for Damen Shipyards
- Venue Family: First AI enabled family of Point of Care Ultrasound products – by GE Healthcare
And in the Concept 2019 category, which focuses on product visions and concepts, the judges selected the following three products:
- Citizen-oriented judicial system – by Renderspace for The Supreme Court of the Republic of Slovenia
- Fuel ordering app for Lufthansa pilots – by Valtech for Lufthansa
- INTUSI: intuitive operating of excavators in the digitalized construction site – by Technische Universität Dresden and Liebherr
One more award will be bestowed later this year. The UX Design Awards Audience Award will be announced in December. Voting for that award is open now through October 31. Winners of the above mentioned awards will be honored during IFA 2019 in Berlin, which runs September 6-11. All products and solutions will be on display in Hall 26 C of the Messe Berlin campus at booth 224.