To Accelerate Adoption, Verizon Aims to Simplify the Internet of Things
Verizon has its sights set on speeding up consumers’ adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT). To do so, the company developed a global strategy to simplify IoT. The networking and communications company detailed that plan in a statement this week.
Verizon’s plan includes:
- Launching ThingSpace: a new IoT platform that will allow developers to create applications, customers to manage devices, partners to market their services, and Verizon to launch integrated vertical solutions in an open environment.
- Creating a new dedicated network core and new connectivity options for the next-generation of IoT use cases
- Driving innovation to tackle big challenges in agriculture, healthcare, the consumer electronics evolution, and the sharing economy
- Commercializing Verizon's big data analytics engine for IoT deployments
- Introducing three new end-to-end smart cities solutions, Intelligent Video, Intelligent Lighting and Intelligent Traffic Management.