Amazon, in a news release today, have announced "the next-generation" of their Fire HD 10 tablet, touting better specs that are clearly intended to allow the device to stay somewhat competitive with the other big names in the tablet market.
- Improved Display - the new 10.1" widescreen Full HD display (1920 x 1200) with over 2 million pixels (224 ppi) is a significant step up from the predecessor's 1280 x 800 resolution.
- Faster performance - An improved quad-core processor promises 30% more speed over the previous model, which, together with the additional 1GB of RAM, should help the tablet keep up with the increased resolution while playing games or watching videos.
- Longer battery life - Always good to have in a tablet, now lasting 10 hours, a nice improvement from the 8 hours advertised by Amazon for the tablet's last generation.
- Stronger reliability - In direct comparison to Apple's iPad 10.5", Amazon mentions that the Fire HD 10 is "more durable", but not how much.
- World's best content selection--Access to millions of movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, apps, and games. Watch downloaded videos anywhere with a Prime membership, Netflix plan, or Showtime subscription.