Bosch Adds Industrial-Style Ranges, Rangetops
Bosch has added its first-ever industrial-style ranges and rangetops to its 800 Series cooking line, making the announcement at January’s International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas.
The series presents what Bosch says is a completely new design, and is being deployed to the market at a time when, according to statistics Bosch quoted, eight in 10 renovating homeowners surveyed by Houzz in 2019 said they would be changing their kitchen style. The study also revealed an interest in appliances with professional styling. The ranges feature a proprietary design new to Bosch in the North American market, and, the company says, they address the top three consumer needs in this category: more cooking space, powerful burners for quality results and improved cleanability.
Anja Prescher, director of brand management at Bosch home appliances, said in the announcement statement that “… our goal was to marry the bold, prominent look of professional-style appliances with the modern, sleek Bosch design philosophy.”
Key features for the new models include: die-cast metal, front control knobs, continuous cast-iron grates and pedestal feet, in line with the newly adopted industrial style, and availability of all models in both 30- and 36-inch sizes, as well as in a choice of classic stainless steel and black stainless steel. Rangetops are all available in stainless steel.
The 36-inch gas rangetops offer six high-efficiency burners, including two 18K BTU dual-flame burners and 77K of power. The Bosch Dual-Flame Ring Burner, available on ranges and rangetops, is said to allow for better heat distribution and uniform cooking, all on the same burner. The technology allows consumers, using just a single burner with two concentric rings of flame, to go from a small flame for simmering to a dual flame for boiling. The rangetops also feature Bosch’s OptiSim Burner Cap for more accurate flame control at the lowest setting, as well as more precise simmering and melting. The burner cap spreads the flame evenly across the base of the pot or pan, eliminating hot spots and minimizing the possibility of scorching.
Some other notable points about the line:
- Front-control knobs, allowing for more cooking space, with the inclusion of four burners on the 30-inch gas rangetop and six on the 36-inch gas rangetop, arranged on a smooth, continuous surface with edge-to-edge grates.
- A dual-fuel option on the new ranges, featuring an electric oven for more precise temperature control. This also includes the Meat Probe, which measures the internal temperature of meats cooking in the oven and automatically shuts off when it reaches the appropriate temperature.
- Due to porcelain coating, black enameled cooking surfaces in the new line are quickly and easily cleanable, with more resistance to scratches, abrasion, heat and stains. The surface can be cleaned with hot water and detergent, or mild cleaners.
- New Bosch ranges and rangetops include removable burner parts for easier cleanup and greater accessibility of the maintop surface beneath the head and in the burner cap area.
- Bosch industrial-style range ovens feature a catalytic cleaning coating on the sides and back wall of the oven cavity, which burns off soiled surfaces as it interacts with heat during the cooking process.
The new industrial-style collection will be available at mid-year, says Bosch