Buying Group executives were in a very different mood this year than they were the last time we gathered them for an interview, at the end of 2009. For one thing, they aren’t speaking during the middle of a recession that gripped the entire industry for the last two years.
Instead, things are finally beginning to look better for them, their members and their vendor partners, with each side showing slow but steady improvements in sales and profits. Here are some outtakes from our upcoming buying group roundtable in the March issue of Dealerscope.
- Rob Elliott, Executive Director, In Car Experts (ICE)
- Richard Glikes, Executive Director, HTSA (Home Technology Specialists Association)
- Jeannette Howe, Executive Director, Specialty Electronics Nationwide
- Ed Kelly, President, Nationwide Marketing Group
- Bob Lawrence, CEO, Brand Source
- Jim Ristow, Vice President, Consumer Electronics, HES (Home Entertainment Source)
- Dave Workman, Executive Director, PRO Group