Movin On Up
CEDIA just released its 2012 Benchmark Survey as a way to gather the financial, operational, strategic, marketing, sales, project management, staffing and compensation information on electrical systems contractors in the U.S. and Canada.
CEDIA invited its 1,424 ESCs to participate, of which 88 (6%) completed valid surveys. Here are some highlights of the report, which can be bought on the CEDIA online marketplace. A CEDIA EXPO discount of 35% is available through September 16.
• Group the collected data to identify the trends within companies of different revenue sizes, staff sizes, average project sizes, years in business, and profitability ranges
• Analyze the data to determine the business performance benchmarks and most profitable practices within the installation segment of the industry
• Identify the business areas that are most commonly problematic or challenging for an ESC company
• Provide actionable steps and analysis for participating companies to improve performance and profitability
• Provide a general understanding of the typical ESC company’s operations and performance with trend analysis to observe changes over time
• Report on general business conditions and forecasting