Circle Media Announces Connections, a “Smart Family” Platform
Circle Media Inc. - whose flagship product, Circle with Disney, helps families manage content and time across all devices - launched Circle Connections, a new platform that allows its users to connect partner apps, devices, and services to offer rewards, automate features, and much more. Circle Connections takes the Circle with Disney ecosystem to the next level by connecting the things families care about most, all in one experience. FamilyTech’s integration into Circle Connections is currently available, and the additional Connection categories and partners will roll out over the next year:
- Chores: Circle Connections leverages FamilyTech’s apps, “MotherShp,” “ChoreMonster,” and “Landra,” to give kids the opportunity to earn screen time by doing the chores they’re already completing. By completing tasks, they’re able to be rewarded with extended time limits on their devices and even late bedtimes, effectively making screen time a form of currency. FamilyTech’s integration into Circle Connections can be found at familytech.com/circle.
- Assistant: Through Connections, Circle with Disney will connect with Amazon’s Alexa to give parents the ability to ask questions about their kid’s screen time usage by voice alone. Kids will even be able to get in on the action by asking about their time limits and bedtimes.
- Activity: Parents deeply care about how active their kids are, especially when they’re spending a lot of time on screens. By connecting with Misfit’s line of activity trackers into Circle Connections, parents can set activity goals for their older kids to meet in order to earn more screen time.
- Driving: One of the most dangerous combinations for teens is cell phones and driving. By connecting with Automatic, parents will be able to filter specific distracting applications when Automatic recognizes the vehicle has started. When the car turns off, Automatic will instantly re-enable access to those distracting social media apps.
- Social: It’s hard to be in the know when your kid encounters questionable content on popular social media applications. RAKKOON is able to monitor content on apps like Instagram, Twitter, and even iMessage, and sends alerts to both parents and kids when anything questionable (like bullying or sexting) turns up. Circle with Disney will even auto-filter those apps and platforms when too much content is flagged.
- Automation: Connecting with IFTTT enables Circle with Disney to be connected to hundreds of smart home apps and devices unlocking a world of possibilities. For example, users can make lightbulbs change color when your child’s bedtime begins, connect a real world pause button, and even give a reward when something is checked off the to-do list.
“Circle Connections represents a major leap forward for the connected family,” said Lance Charlish, chief executive officer, Circle Media, Inc. “We’re no longer just parental controls, but now an entirely new product category of our own.”