Delivering the ultimate big-screen streaming experience, Epson has unveiled the EF-100W and EF-100B Smart Streaming Laser Projectors with Android TV at the 2020 CES PEPCOM event. The projectors are designed to redefine the way consumers and families enjoy their favorite content. Based on unique Epson MicroLaser Array Technology, the compact and wireless projector produces bright and colorful images up to 150-inches on virtually any wall or dedicated screen. With included Android TV, the moment the EF-100 is powered on, today’s streamers can instantly enjoy their favorite content from apps such as Netflix, YouTube, HBO, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN, and more. Epson’s EF-100 provides outstanding color accuracy and vibrancy for a range of streaming and gaming content needs.
“The first-of-its-kind Epson EF-100 leverages Epson’s powerful, high-end laser technology in an impressive, compact and modern design that gives users a whole new way to enjoy their favorite content,” said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. “When you think about the incredible production behind TV shows and movies, you can bet it’s not meant to be seen on a 6-inch mobile device. Epson’s EF-100 smart streaming laser projector lets today’s connected users experience their favorite content up to 150 inches anytime, anywhere.”
With included Android TV, the EF-100 represents an all-new streaming experience for users wanting to binge a new show, or re-watch the classics. Featuring a truly portable design, 2,000 lumens of color and white brightness, and stunning image quality, the EF-100 is designed for users to stream big and stream anywhere.
Featuring a clean, modern look in a compact design, the Epson EF-100 is available in white and silver or black and copper to seamlessly integrate with any décor. Whether laid flat or standing on its side, the EF-100 provides a beautiful viewing experience with vertical auto picture correction to analyze images and correct the vertical geometry of the picture. This elegant, compact projector offers advanced true 3-Chip 3LCD technology, unique multi-array laser technology and proprietary 9-element lens structure for exceptional image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity. Additional features include:
- Picture Quality – Imagine an incredibly bright and colorful projected image up to 150 inches on virtually any wall or dedicated screen – even when the lights are on.2 This is what makes the Epson EF-100 unique and why the EF-100 is quite possibly the most advanced mini-laser projector ever made.
- Included Android TV – Built-in Android TV with a simple-to-use remote – including voice search with built-in Google Assistant. Watch all your favorite streaming channels including Netflix, HBO, YouTube, Hulu, ESPN and more.1 Even stream live TV with apps like YouTube TV. With over 5,000 apps available, there’s always something to watch on your Epson EF-100.
- Integrated Audio System – Internal high-quality bass-reflex speaker for impressive audio performance. Additionally, the EF-100 includes a standard 3.5mm stereo output connection with preset tone controls.
- Compact Design – Designed with simplicity in mind, the Epson EF-100 has a clean, compact and modern design available in white and silver, or black and copper to beautifully fit within any décor.
- Epson MicroLaser Array Projection Technology – Unique multi-array laser diode technology to produce an exceptional level of brightness while significantly enhancing the black density. The result is an exceptionally bright and clear image – far beyond most projectors in this class.4,5
- True 3-Chip Projector Design – Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100 percent of the RGB color signal for every frame. This allows for outstanding color accuracy while maintaining excellent brightness, without any “rainbowing” or “color brightness” issues seen with other projection technologies.
- 2,000 Lumens Brightness – Capable of displaying high-definition content at an exceptional 2,000 lumens of brightness for both color and white content.2 This not only provides for an exceptional viewing experience but sets a new standard in this class of projection4,5 –allowing you to watch content even when the lights are on.
- Epson Cinema Lens – Utilizes a proprietary 9-element lens structure – including seven glass spherical elements for exceptional image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity.
- Auto Picture Skew Correction – Depending upon how the Epson EF-100 is oriented, the projector will analyze the projected image and correct the vertical geometry of the picture for a beautiful viewing experience.