Five Tasks Your Company's Website Should Accomplish
According to a study commissioned by GoDaddy, 60 percent of small businesses don't have a website. Factor in that, according to Google, 97 percent of consumers search online for businesses and products before making a purchase, and it could be argued that having a professional website is essential for success. And regardless of your industry, your website needs to accomplish some key objectives. So to get you going in the right direction, here are five tasks your company's website should accomplish.
- Build your brand. Your visitors should be wowed by a website that is professional, easy to understand, and quick to navigate. It should also compliment your other marketing efforts through continuity in style and messaging.
- Remind them you're the best. Your website is the best forum to showcase your accomplishments and the accolades of your peers and customers. Reviews, video testimonials, and industry awards are just a few of the things you can share to remind visitors they came to the right place.
- Be a source of information. Anticipate what questions visitors might have. Are they looking for technical information, sales literature, or product and industry information? The more you are a source of reliable and accurate information, the more you will be viewed as a reliable and dependable supplier.
- Be reachable. In many cases, visitors have already decided they want to deal with you. All they need is a way to reach you. Be sure to make all contact information accessible. A phone number is not always enough. So be sure to include email links, a map, along with links to your social media pages.
- Achieve a goal. Are you trying to sell products online, get people to join your email list, visit your business in person, or just pick up the phone and call you? Understanding the goals you want your website to achieve will impact greatly on the visual design, features, and cost. Setting realistic goals will also help manage expectations and make is easier to measure success.
Marc Gordon is a recognized marketing expert. He regularly appears on TV and radio. His articles appear in over 200 publications worldwide. Visit marcgordon.ca or his online show at marctv.net for more business tips.