How To Achieve Legendary Customer Service
Legendary customer service should not be saved for the big things like repairs and deliver, but it should apply to all aspects of your business:
• Never put the customer on hold when they call you.
• Never interrupt your associates on the sales floor to do other things like answer the telephone, talk with another customer, talk with an associate.
• Stay late and arrive early to accommodate customers’ schedules.
• Return calls on time.
• Follow up with every customer contact (before and after the close of the sale).
• Be 100% customer-centered; everything you say and do is about the customer, not about you or the business.
I like to refer to the lengths we’ll go to achieve legendary service as “standing in the rain” for the customer. Are you willing to stand in a cold rain for hours to make sure you are delivering these services?