Industry leaders from across the automotive and electronics sector are coming to Berlin on 4 and 5 September to discuss the future of mobility at the inaugural Shift AUTOMOTIVE convention. In a series of keynotes, brief impulse talks, panels and workshops, the event will explore how new technologies emerging in both sectors are rapidly and fundamentally transforming the world of mobility and how we think, live and drive.
Among the confirmed speakers and panelists are:
- John Schoenbeck, who leads strategic partnerships for BMW Designworks, the Bavarian carmakers innovation lab, who will deliver a keynote at the event.
- Daniel Deparis, Head of smartLabs, Daimle
- Karima Delli, Chairwoman of the Transportation Committee at the European
- Parliament and founder of European Startup Prize for Mobility
- Martin Beltrop, Director of Emerging Products, Nokia
- Prof Peter Wells, Cardiff Centre for Automotive Industry Research
- Rodney Williams, CEO, LISNR
- Patrick Weissert, COO & Founder, German Autolabs
Panels will explore topics such as:
- Trust me, I’m an autonomous car: How can self-driving cars (re)-gain trust?
- Integrated mobility: the urban-rural divide
- Building cars around passengers, not drivers
- It wasn’t my fault, honest: insuring next-generation vehicles
The event will look beyond technological breakthroughs and investigate whether consumers are ready for the change ahead. Will drivers and passengers see transport disruption as a threat or an opportunity? Will new technologies make driving more complex, or less? What happens when drivers become passengers? And are people ready to switch from owning a car to subscribing to mobility experiences?
Shift AUTOMOTIVE is a biannual convention backed by IFA, Messe Berlin, the Geneva International Motor Show and Palexpo.
The new automotive convention will be held twice a year, in Geneva and Berlin, alongside the Geneva International Motor Show and IFA.