Lee: Partnerships Key to Monster’s Multi-brand Strategy
Some product highlights Lee described included:
- SuperStar ($129.95), a smartphone-sized speaker that is water-resistant and is being billed as the smallest audiophile Bluetooth speaker system;
- 24K – “We’re going squarely at the urban and hipster markets,” said Lee, while citing the company’s partnership with hip-hop artist Meek Mill. The product, originally available only on Monterproducts.com, sold out quickly, and now will be available in other retailers, Lee said.
- adidas Originals by Monster over-ear headphones ($279.95) – now available in adidas consortium stores and due out soon in other retail locations. They feature MusicShare, dual ports that allow users to link their headphones together to share audio. A limited edition “world colors” headphone promotion will run in tandem with the World Cup event. “Our goal is to dominate sports, both with our critically acclaimed iSport line and the adidas collections,” said Lee.
- DNA Pro – a high-performance Millennial-oriented brand that crosses over in appeal to larger music genres; promoted by football’s Seattle Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch.
- Inspiration – a line oriented to travelers – particularly young, hip business professionals, and featuring interchangeable headbands.
- Inspiration Lite/Inspiration In-Ear – Ultra-lightweight headphones featuring Pure Monster Sound and designed especially for women. They are available in gold/black with interchangeable headbands and are of much lighter materials.
- N-Tune – This affordable successful line created in collaboration with Nick Cannon now offers a line of “pearlescent pastel” headphones for moms and kids. The headbands are especially durable and flexible.
- Also new from Monster is the PowerCard Turbo, a rechargeable credit-card-sized smartphone charger, available in standard charging ($39) and triple-speed charging ($59) models.