ProSource, an audio, video, and integration buying group, has announced its 2020 education initiatives including a new concept in systemized education. Leading the initiative is Sherry Dantonio, Director of Membership for ProSource.
At this year's Summit, 'Tomorrow Starts Today,' ProSource will unveil the ProSource University Learning Management System, a standardized educational program to onboard, engage, educate and develop talent ensuring employees reach their full performance potential within any given role. The centralized platform was developed to provide the tools for business owners to address the pain point of training and retaining a specialized workforce.
ProSource U hosts micro-video lessons and courses, interactive videos, e-learning courses, and video conferences. The new educational programs are all mobile-ready and individuals can learn at their own pace. The platform will have all the courses from the extensive CEDIA course library, as well as customized content from subject matter experts.
The launch site will include a dozen or more modules focused on employees at all stages of their career. Topics include sales, lighting certification, technical training, new employee on-boarding, project management, leadership, HR, operations and more.
As the platform rolls out, vendors will also have the opportunity to make their product training content available to the ProSource members enrolled in the program.
ProSource members will also experience live educational courses at the 2020 'Tomorrow Starts Today' Summit being held in Las Vegas March 8-11:
- Win the Brain to Win the Opportunity: Presented by Bryan Gray, CEO, Revenue Path Group
- Onboarding and Training New Technical Employees: Presented by Dante Walston, Operations Manager, Livewire
- The CI Light Switch: Presented by David Warfel, Founding Designer, Light Can Help You
- Increasing Your Organization's Project Management Maturity: Presented by Brad Malone, MA, PMP, Partner, Navigate Management Consulting
- Visionary Leadership: Presented by Luke Carlson, CEO, Discover Strength
- Understanding Google Marketing/How to Maximize Your Presence: Presented by Patrick Tam, Strategic Partner Manager, SEM & Platform Partnerships, Google
ProSource is also announcing the expansion of the successful Summer Education Series with two additional events for 2020. The CI Education Series West will be held in Las Vegas in July and the CI Education Series East will be held in Charlotte, N.C. in August.
Lighting is an important initiative and David Warfel, ProSource's exclusive subject matter expert will be rolling out four regional lighting certification events that feature experiential training in the Lighting Lab.
"One in four workers quit a job because they aren't onboarded properly," said Dave Workman, CEO and President of ProSource. "ProSource is making a substantial investment providing an extensive expansion of new training and educational platforms that will make an immediate impact for our members to evolve and grow their businesses."