SOASTA, the leader in performance analytics, has released its 2016 Holiday Retail Insights Report. The report includes new research that covers the ideal load time for peak conversions, how fast shoppers expect a site to be before they will bounce, what digital downtime actually costs retailers, and why retailers need to think like Amazon.
The report’s key findings include:
- 28 percent of customers will not return to a slow site
- In 2015, 57 percent of Black Friday traffic came from mobile
- Amazon accounted for more than a third of 2015 online holiday spending
- The “sweet spot” for peak conversions is a load time of 2.4 seconds
- A mere one-second slowdown resulted in an 8 percent increase in bounce rate