Survey Sees Little Consumer Interest in 3D TV
A recent survey of consumers found that interest in 3D televisions is less than strong.
According to Retrevo's latest Pulse survey, of the consumers who plan to buy an HDTV in the coming year, 55 percent say they are not planning to buy a 3D set. Of the remaining 45 percent, about half said they do plan to buy a 3D set, while the rest said they would "if the price difference is small."
When asked why they're not interested, 40 percent blamed the lack of programming, while 30 percent answered that the glasses are the problem.