The Kitchen & Bath Industry Show Readies KBISNeXT Stage
The Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) has prepared a solid agenda for the KBISNeXT Stage, presented by NKBA. The three-day, Las Vegas show will touch on a range of topics from health and wellness and resilient design to business development from 50+ industry leaders across more than 15 programs, including four awards events.
“We are really excited about this year’s lineup of programming on the KBISNeXT Stage,” said Suzie Williford, EVP of Industry Relations and Chief Strategy Officer of the National Kitchen & Bath Association, which owns KBIS. “Each year, the topics and presenters are compelling and informative, but 2020 truly is bringing a new level of talent and insights. The KBISNeXT Stage is shaping up to be a can’t-miss destination, for sure!”
Panel Discussions and Presentations:
- Death to Neutrals? Fearless Design and Bold Business
- Designers will share advice on how to add color to the home and steer away from the comfort of neutral shades.
- Ten kitchen and bath brands will showcase their latest and greatest while host Kelli Ellis runs through products from the past five years of the program.
- The Dawn of a Decade
- This presentation will discuss the future of design, technology, wellness, AI and how they fit into our homes and businesses.
- The Design Connection 101 — Behind the wall
- A discussion about bridging the gap between designers and home-technology integrators so that they may develop lasting relationships.
- A Conversation with Matthew Quinn
- Chelsie Butler, executive editor of KBB Magazine, and principal of Design Galleria and the Matthew Quinn Collection, Matthew Quinn chat about everything from design, current projects, programs, and partners.
- Power in Partnerships — Building Relationships Between Brands and Designers
- KBISNeXT plays matchmaker with brands and designers, and provides advice on how both sides can benefit from a partnership.
- Zero Waste Kitchens: Upcycle and Recycle
- In an effort to keep appliances, cabinetry, countertops, faucets, and lighting fixtures out of landfills, designers will discuss ways to refresh the look of a kitchen without waste.
- The Fine Print
- Tips on how to effectively market your work online and avoid the theft of your intellectual property.
- Be the Boss, Build your Brand
- Steps on how to strengthen your team and build an entrepreneurial environment.
- Avenues to New Revenue: A Road Map to Improving Your Bottom Line
- Hear real-life stories from designers across every retail channel—online, social, and brick-and-mortar.
- How to Win at Wellness
- The top five projects spill the details on how they’ve tapped into the tech, wellness, and Living in Place markets to drive business growth.
- Resilient Design: Good Design Saves Lives
- Mastering the challenge of weather, wildfires, and flooding in disaster-prone areas.
- NKBA Designer Finds
- The design pros will present their favorites from the show floor.
- The Evolution of Social — Social Leaders Group
- A rundown of best practices for social media including context, search, tagging, voice, and more.
Following the panels and presentations, the best of KBIS Awards and Best of KBIS Booth Awards will be presented. KBISNeXT is also reintroducing the 30s Choice Awards that lets NKBA members recognize products that have inspired them the most. New for 2020 though is the NKBA Renovation Angel Luxury Recycled Kitchen Awards, which celebrates brands and designers who make it an effort to repurpose gently used kitchen parts. Lastly, Houzz will serve as the 2020 title sponsor for the KBISNeXT Stage.
“At Houzz, we are always looking for ways to bring value to professionals in the home renovation and design space,” said Liza Hausman, VP Industry Marketing at Houzz. “We’re thrilled to help bring KBISNeXT™ Stage programming to pros this year, and look forward to seeing them both around the stage area and at our nearby booth.”