Western Digital Corporation has introduced several new innovations in its extensive lineup of storage solutions built for every day consumer use, including the world’s highest capacity, pocket-sized, portable SSD prototype featuring a SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps interface. The company is also releasing the 1TB SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive Luxe USB Type-C drive for smartphones and laptops.
Western Digital’s has a range of storage solutions for everything from mobile to highly specialized performance drives. The new intros include consumer storage solutions from its G-Technology, SanDisk, WD and Western Digital brands. Highlights include:
SanDisk 8TB SSD Prototype
Continuing its legacy of technology milestones, the company will demonstrate the world’s highest capacity, pocket-sized SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps portable SSD. Inspired by consumers’ desire to capture rich content and keep it with them, Western Digital continues to push boundaries with an 8TB SSD prototype. Combining its expertise in flash memory with skillful design, the company continues to develop revolutionary solutions that keep up with and surpass today’s consumer needs.
1TB SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive Luxe USB Type-C
Launching at CES, the SanDisk brand will release its newest dual connector drive that works with the latest USB Type-C smartphones and laptops.
- All-metal, high-capacity drive allows consumers to capture more photos and videos, and easily transfer content between USB Type-C smartphones, tablets and laptops and USB Type-A computers.
- Designed to fit on a keychain, the drive offers massive space in a tiny form factor so consumers have extra storage for content whenever they need it.
- The new 1TB SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive Luxe USB Type-C is expected to be available later this calendar quarter.
WD_Black P50 Game Drive SSD
The WD_Black portfolio provides the performance, capacity and reliability that allow PC and console gamers to drive their game and play without limits. Five gaming solutions from the WD_Black lineup are available, including:
- WD_Black P50 Game Drive SSD, the industry’s first game drive to feature a SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps interface. The WD_Black P50 Game Drive SSD is available now.
- Two Xbox-licensed drives, the WD_Black P10 Game Drive for Xbox One™ (available now) and WD_Black D10 Game Drive for Xbox One™ (available now). These two drives come with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial membership.
The SanDisk ibi is a smart photo management device from SanDisk that offers consumers local storage that works like a personal cloud for photos and videos. Features include:
- Companion app allows consumers to wirelessly connect their phone for automatic back up with an intuitive interface to help people seamlessly collect, organize and privately share their photos and videos.
- Ability to aggregate content from various locations including laptops, USB drives, social media and cloud accounts2 – all stored on ibi and viewable in the app
- 1TB of storage that can store up to 250,000 photos3 or 100 hours of video4
“Consumers are generating more content than ever and require more advanced solutions to help them capture, access, share and manage it all. Our top priority is to empower people by giving them complete control of their content, so they have peace of mind that it’s reliably stored and at their fingertips when and where they need it,” said David Ellis, vice president, product marketing, Western Digital.