The Wireless Speaker and Audio Association (WiSA), founded by Summit Wireless Technologies, is coming off of a strong year heading into the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES). In 2019, they expanded their list of global TV manufacturers to six, exceeded 60 member brands, and projected the number of WiSA Ready TVs to reach more than 20 million by the end of 2020. Now, as they’ve taken up residence at the Venetian Hotel for CES, the company is showing off some newly launched and up-and-coming wireless home solutions.
Visitors to booth #29-236 can see for themselves the simplicity and compatibility of WiSA technology standards. Demos and highlights on display come to us from: LG Electronics, Harman Kardon, Savant Smart Audio, Enclave, Sharp, Monaco 5.1 Plus Axiim LINK System, as well as new WiSA Transmitter Solutions.
- LG Electronics: These 2020 OLED and NanoCell WiSA Ready TVs feature continued support of the wireless audio movement.
- Harman Kardon: With their second WiSA Certified solution, Harman Kardon introduces the HK Surround 5.1: a simple, single box solution with powerful sound aimed at the mid-level price market.
- Savant Smart Audio: The new Smart Audio WiSA Certified product line combines elegance and intelligence for whole-home control and immersive multi-channel audio. The feature-rich soundbar packs surround sound and a subwoofer to compliment the audio experience.
- Enclave: The brand recently brought us three new home theater systems and a Cinesync application for smart TVs and smart devices. Now, users can set up, tune, an control their wireless home theater system with an existing remote from an array of brands including Apple, Amazon, Nvidia, Sony, Toshiba, and Insignia.
- Sharp: CES attendees will be among the first to catch of glimpse of the prototype of this WiSA Ready speakerless 8K TV, slated for release later this year
- Monaco 5.1 Plus Axiim LINKSystem: Leveraging the WiSA audio standard, this newly updated system delivers an immersive, theater-quality experience with Tuned by THX calibrations. Users can take advantage of enhanced tuning capabilities thanks to features the Axiim LINK including EQ, channel trim and bass management. Xbox players will also appreciate the heightened surround sound, which will add an extra layer of excitement to gaming.
- New WiSA Transmitter Solutions: These new and simple solutions will allow users to connect to approximately one billion new and existing TVs so that more people can experience WiSA’s immersive audio experience.
“With the acceleration of WiSA Ready TVs and WiSA Certified products in market and coming to market in 2020, as well as new transmitter solutions, the future of wireless home audio is already here,” said Tony Ostrom, president of WiSA. “WiSA experienced tremendous traction in 2019 and that volume is anticipated to grow exponentially in 2020 and beyond. As a result, WiSA technology is truly the new gold standard of the industry, powering and connecting the most advanced devices and systems for wireless home audio.”