Out-Sell, Out-Negotiate And Out-Profit Your CE Competition!
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination and creativity will take you everywhere. Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955)
CE brands are best engineered through the art of superior selling. And selling success is realized most smartly through bi-modal disciplines of refulgent creativity and profitable business logic. Smart logic makes an argument sound while smart creativity makes an argument, a sales presentation or a negotiation sound logical.
We keenly understand as marketers that logic is the core engine of our business minds, while creativity is the flinty engine of our sales and marketing hearts. To succeed, we keep them separated, never allowing our minds to battle our hearts or vice versa, especially through the “heart” of a retailer negotiation.
Instead, we command the resolve of creativity -our hearts- while promulgating critical thinking through sharp logic - our minds. We then fold them in with profitable relevancy designed and perfectly tuned for our negotiating sessions. Through the masterful art of negotiation, it is the further articulation of opportunity through relevant and creative passion that earns the right to retail unite… and earns the right to jointly engage in a profitable market making fight. Hence profit, the purpose of business, becomes the anthem of opportunity resting on the wide shoulders of logical-creative advantage for your brand and for your retail partner.
In our CE business, the burr of emotional capital congeners logic and creativity into highly competitive advantage. Emotional capital, the duopoly of logic and creativity favors the prepared mind, energizes and stimulates the competitive possibilities, based upon business facts. Emotional capital stimulates and builds long term equitable retail partnerships.
When logic and creativity unite and spark between brands and retailers, big, viable and long term businesses are negotiated and built. Coupling business logic to creative passion can turn any partnership from a provider of standard sturdy products to a creator of competitively advantaged and consumer-desired products and services.
In addition, we know from historical results that consumers are willing to pay a few extra pennies for their own burnished feeling of emotional capital. Think Apple, a company thriving by wedding the logic of its highly competitive, integrated product offerings with the passion of its creativity, imagination and dream weaving cosmetics and content.
This is just why they are so tough to compete with. Apple's fierce and flinty union of logic and passion across aesthetics, user interface, software and cloud services delivers consumers the emotional capital they want, desire, and pay extra for again and again. This well-baked cake of emotional capital delivers brand and product infatuation to a global market, a formidable weapon of choice few brands achieve. And by the way, Apple also enjoys the unique position of controlled pricing and rational channel strategies.
Without hesitation, move and position your “logical and creative chess pieces” to obligate and complement your potential victory through market relevant emotional capital. Once baked together, the union of logic and creativity will deliver traffic and results for your retailer and for your brand negotiators and will protract emotional capital for the market you are about to serve together.
Preparing to negotiate the art of irresistible market persuasiveness through smart business logic and creativity begins with:
1. Careful identification and presentation of your brand/product opportunity in the language of feasible, viable alternatives and opportunities with respect to your stated business strategy. Audit the gaps and fissures versus the desired goal preparing your logic case on the offense with highly relevant proof points and market evidence for ensured success.
2. Auguring competitive variances as potential road blocks towards achieving your ultimate and desired outcome. The price point you wish to reach through negotiation should be backed by memorialized, financially tested good, better and best competitive line logic and margin scenarios. Do not treat logic as pre-packaged backup to handle retail pricing objections. Rather craft your proposal on the greater negotiation offense coupling logic and creativity in union. A progressive granite wall of multi-modal logic, creativity and promotions protects against crest fallen, niggling price demands and negotiations causing losses for you and your retail partner.
3. Pre-diagramming your retail proposal through decision tree construction is essential to ensure the value of your logic in business negotiation accelerates the value of your mutual profitable goals. Smart trees calculate and reveal essential demands and outcomes to include: A. acceptable decisions and situations B. smart investments, costs, expenses and returns C. probabilities in revenues, profits and market timing.
4. Certification of financial suppositions and projections as calculated within a decision tree exercise. All costs (real, hidden, potential and expected) along with all income (current, projected, rejected and protracted based on market conditions) from each viable limb of your decision trees.
5. Calculating with market certainty the good, better and best financial negotiation scenarios with 5 percent profit positive and or negative certainty for you and your retail partner.
6. Refining and re-certifying your logic proposition through an internal review, by practicing as the negotiator and simulating the proposal as the retailer you plan to negotiate with.
7. Creativity to drive consumer emotional capital for your offering enveloped around logical brand, product, pricing and competitive market disciplines to turn opportunities based on sound logic into highly competitive actions and profitable results.
8. Creativity, promotion, advertising and aesthetics to unite with logical propositions creating highly motivated and mutual revenues, profits, brands and market share.
9. “Creativity, which is seeing what no one else has seen, and thinking what no one else has thought.” (Albert Einstein) Carefully consumer-test your logic, test your creativity in market to ensure a third voice validation as part of your merchant presentation.
10. Passion coupled with logic and highly competitive creative as your negotiating weapon of choice; the secret sauce in becoming a market maker as opposed to a market follower.
11. The prepared union of logic and creativity emotional capital at the retail negotiating table as well as for the market you intend to unite and serve, together.
It is always time to fold in highly relevant and breakthrough creativity on top of smart retail and brand business logic to portend new dynamic approaches to overachieve jointly on negotiated covenants. Creative pull productivity and retail traffic stimulants are the ribs of your logical proposition in negotiation and will always ensure mutual agreement, growth and long term profitability.
Remember, first win your case, your opportunity through logic. Then muscle and shore up the logical victory by orchestrating creativity designed to retail pull over achieve on mutually agreed-upon goals. Retail negotiations are not about agreeing to projects but rather enjoying and fueling logical business opportunities folded onto passionate, creative shoulders garnering your greatest competitive weapon of choice: mutual customer profitability
Out-sell, out-negotiate and out-profit your fierce CE competition through superior logic and energizing creativity capturing consumer emotional capital at the negotiation table, at the last three feet of the sale.
Related story: Time To Try Something New