Your Content Is Your Brand, Is Your Future
From the hyperactive hallways and floorways of CES in Las Vegas, one resounding truth in technology announcements and provisions is clear: Content and products stimulating relevant eyeball context and emotional response are transforming opportunity right before our eyes.
We as sales, marketing, communication and brand arbiters within the CE industry are responsible to articulate, accentuate and accelerate competitive advantage through savvy marketing-centric distinction: through our ability to out-content, out-context and out-market competitors. No easy task here on the bustling and hustling floors of Las Vegas, no easy task ahead when all brands return back to their local offices.
Retailers as well as consumers are placing their 2014 product bets through a vastly changing, always confusing, boundary blur of glowing boxes, glowing screen and glowing market hype. The clearest reality for brand and product choice across consumer mindsets is their demand to receive, create, enjoy and share content. And that sharing content in a world where consumers publish more videos, blogs, emails, photos and social opinions than the total aggregated marketing and publishing of all global exhibitors at CES combined exponentially changes marketing and advertising chores for consumer electronics company’s once and for all.
As example and in question, what is more effective SEO (Search Engine Optimization) investments to launch new products or enlisting consumers who have already searched for you and are now sharing the results with 5 to 10 friends on their social networks. Yes of course both are important but truly, which of these exercises SEO or SCRM (Social Consumer Relationship Management) delivers your greatest market advantage, your most fruitful ROI? Obviously when consumers share your new product news socially, it is because you are assiduous in delivering highly stimulating best of breed emotional content coupled to your product's attributes. Through this consumer valued process and exposure your marketing revenue potential is enormous. The key to brand and product advantage on the show floor of CES in Las Vegas is the same advantage across brick and cloud shelves. Wow, highly creative content creation, content stimulation emanating from the core of your technology, emanating through the first inch of your glowing glass is by definition your most potent demand and command generator.
And of course social sharing is all about discovery for consumers. It’s all about the contextual union of technology and content that fits into their personal life amplifying and perhaps energizing their digital social life. The International CES is all about discovery. Thousands on the hunt for what’s next, how can content be better articulated, received and sent. Consumers love discovery especially found through their social networks. Consumers love to create stimulating and emotionally charged content for others to discover. For all CE brands to succeed in a crowded 2014, to survive and thrive, they will need to ensure their digital publishing platform is led by exhilarating content with savvy contextual envelopes for those they target. Here are six Gen One Ventures brand content principles to ensure your CES investments in time, money and people reward your brand and products with leveraged market advantage:
1. Create socially relevant, adaptive contextual content to ensure it travels far, wide and long through the smart veins of targeted social networks fueling immediate opportunity in the language of market demand.
2. View content productivity through the same fiduciary measurement as your product supply chain management chores. Meaning, increases in content social productivity delivers increases in brand profitability.
3. Highly fueled, emotionally charged and disruptive creativity within your content creation allows you to escape the predictable. The predictable is your content intentions are washed away in vast clouds of potential opportunity, reined in by your direct competitors.
4. Your very best consumers are becoming world class publishers, becoming exceptional and sought out social brands. Respect them, engage them, incorporate their creative prowess, their social spheres into your company brand and product experience. Do it before your competitors.
5. Content personalization is your most fruitful brand orchestration in securing and ensuring your SCRM (Social Consumer Relationship Management) strategy dominates your product share.
6. In our new socially charged world, pulled non-promotional content out muscles pushed promotional content exponentially.
The holy grail for any CE marketer on the floors of our 2014 CES and back in the field is stimulating short and long term creative dialogues through emotionally stimulating and engaging content. Content that causes reaction, sharing and social caring for your brand, your products, your financial future.