The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) held its dinner Nov. 7 at New York City’s Rainbow Room in Rockefeller Center to celebrate the lifetime achievements of this year’s CTA Hall of Fame honorees.
The CT Hall of Fame annual program honors leaders who have advanced innovation and have built the foundation for the technologies, products and services that continue to improve consumers’ lives.
The honorees are as follows:
- Innovators/Technologists: Dean Kamen, FIRST; Segway and Ray Kurzweil, Google
- Founders/Executives: Arlene Harris, GreatCall and Mike Lazaridis, BlackBerry/RIM
- Retailers/Distributors: Mitch Mohr, Celluphone and Charles Tandy, Tandy/Radio Shack
- Industry Advancement: Marcia Grand, TWICE and Darrell Issa, Congressman; Directed Electronics
- Team: Dr. Leonardo Chiariglione/Dr. Hiroshi Yasuda, JPEG/MPEG
- Team: Frank McIntosh/Gordon Gow, McIntosh Laboratory
To view some snapshots from the event, click the blue bar on the right.